This Lemon Harissa Chicken with Peppers and Onions is a tasty way to spice up your weeknight chicken dinner!
FOR THE CHICKEN AND MARINADE:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons spicy Harissa
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
Parsley, finely chopped for garnish
Sliced green and black olives for garnish, (optional)
Capers for garnish, (optional)
FOR THE ROASTED VEGETABLES:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1 red onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1. For the marinade, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, paprika, harissa, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag. Seal and mix the ingredients together.
2. Add the cubed chicken. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 6 hours.
3. Cut up the peppers and onions. Mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and paprika and mix together. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18 minutes.
4. While the veggies are roasting, pour the chicken and marinade into a sauce pan and cook on medium until chicken temperature is 165 degrees, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Layer the roasted veggies over jasmine rice, then add the chicken and sauce. Finally add a dollop of Greek yogurt over the chicken, and garnish with parsley, sliced olives or capers.