An easy low-sugar chai tea concentrate recipe that makes a killer latte.
14 cardamom pods, lightly smashed
10 whole black peppercorns
2 cinnamon sticks
10 whole cloves
3 star anise
4 whole allspice
1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
4 cups cold water
5 black tea bags
1. In a medium-size sauce pan, add the cardamom pods, black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, allspice, ginger slices, nutmeg, ground cinnamon, brown sugar and water. Place over high heat, stirring occasionally, bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Turn the heat off, add the black tea bags and let steep for about 5 minutes.
4. Strain the chai tea concentrate through a fine strainer into a glass heat-proof container.
5. If making a chai latte, use 1/2 chai tea mixed with 1/2 hot milk, topped with foam.
CWEB.com is not registered as an investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Rather, CWEB.com relies upon the “publisher’s exclusion” from the definition of investment adviser as provided under Section 202(a)(11) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and corresponding state securities laws.