Korean Slaw Dog all-beef hot dogs loaded with Korean BBQ sauces
- Recipes Categories:
- Asian /
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Korean Slaw Dog: all-beef hot dogs loaded with Korean BBQ sauces, spicy kimchi, & sweet/tangy slaw, topped with kickin’ ketchup & mustard.Please visit my blog Taste and See for more delicious recipes!
For The Hot Dogs:
1 package of (eight) all-beef hot dogs
1 package of (eight) top sliced buns
16 ounces of your favorite store-bought Kimchi (or make this Easy Kimchi a day ahead!)
For The Slaw Dressing:
½ cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon chili sauce (use Sriracha, Asian Chili Garlic Sauce, or Gochujang)
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt & pepper
1 teaspoon sesame oil
For The Slaw:
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
½ head purple cabbage
½ head savoy cabbage
2 large carrots
1 rounded tablespoon minced fresh ginger
3 jalapeño peppers, julienned (remove seeds and veins)
½ red onion, thinly sliced on a mandolin
For The Kickin’ Ketchup:
1 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
2 tablespoons low sodium tamari
1 teaspoon minced ginger
For The Kickin’ Mustard:
1 cup yellow mustard
1 tablespoon low sodium tamari
3 tablespoons Kickin’ Ketchup
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1. For The Slaw Dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a pint jar, screw on the lid tightly and shake it until mixed together thoroughly.
3. Toast sesame seeds for 2 minutes, until slightly golden in color, and set aside.
4. Thinly slice the purple & savoy cabbage, and place in a very large bowl
5. Peel & shred carrots, and add to bowl.
6. Remove seeds & veins from jalapeño peppers, then julienne and add to the bowl.
7. Add thinly sliced red onion and gently fold all ingredients together until well-mixed.
8. Prior to serving, add the Slaw Dressing to the bowl and gently fold it into the slaw.
9. For The Kickin’ Ketchup: Combine ketchup, sriracha, tamari, and minced ginger, and mix thoroughly
10. For the Kickin’ Mustard: Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly
11. To Grill And Assemble:
12. Heat up grill to medium heat (350-400 degrees)
13. Score each hot dog 3-4 times on one side
14. Grill dogs for 8 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes (this will allow hot dogs to heat thoroughly without over-cooking or drying out).
15. If desired, toast hot dog buns, cut side down on the grill for 30-45 seconds, watching them closely.
16. Place 1-2 ounces of kimchi in each bun, then the hot dog, then top with Slaw. Drizzle the dogs with Kickin’ Ketchup and Kickin’ Mustard, and serve warm.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.