Lemon Thyme Chicken Recipe
DESCRIPTION: The lemon thyme chicken recipe makes the dish pop. While a simple salad will work on the side, I’ve got some fancier ideas in mind.
4 Tablespoons (60 ml) olive oil
4 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
Handful thyme sprigs, plus extra for garnish
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Salt, to taste
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Place the olive oil and chicken pieces into a large bowl. Add the thyme sprigs (run your fingers along the stalks to remove the leaves) and the lemon juice, zest, and salt. Use clean hands to mix everything well, massaging the flavors into the chicken.
3. Place a pan over high heat and when hot, place the chicken pieces into the hot pan skin-side down. Cook until the skin is crispy, then use tongs to turn the chicken over, cooking the underside for 1 more minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the garlic and lemon slices to the pan, coating everything in the rendered fat and juice.
4. Place everything (chicken skin-side up) into an oven-proof dish and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through.
5. Serve garnished with a scattering of fresh thyme leaves and serve with any side dishes of your choice and season with more salt, if needed.
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News