Lemongrass Fried Chicken
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I can’t see how anyone can resist crunchy, crispy, juicy fried chicken for I simply cannot although it is normally very unhealthy. I eat a fair bit of junk (please don’t judge me), but as a consolation, I try to make them as healthy as possible. To reduce the sin level with fried chicken, I make sure they are only deep fried in clean olive oil, and heavily infused with herbs that are high in antioxidants, lowers cholesterol, and aids the digestion of fats.
This recipe uses lemon grass and curry leaves. I am not sure how available curry leaves would be around the world but they are really easy to grow and great with anything fried. You can even deep fry the leaves, crush it and sprinkle over pizza.
16 chicken mid-joint wings
3 tablespoons curry leaves
2 stalks lemon grass
1 big lime
1 cup plain flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
Olive oil for deep frying
1. Chop lemon grass into small pieces and put into a blender with 2 tbsp of curry leaves, the zest and juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper.
2. Blend until it becomes a paste and rub it into chicken in a large bowl.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
4. Drain any excess liquid off the chicken.
5. Combine flour and breadcrumbs.
6. Heat oil in deep fryer until hot. To know if oil is ready for deep frying, insert a wooden chopstick into the oil. If the oil bubbles vigorously around the chopstick, it is ready.
7. Throw in remaining 1 tbsp of curry leaves into the oil and they should be crisp in 10 seconds or until they stop hissing.
8. Lay them on paper towel and set aside.
9. Thoroughly coat chicken with flour mixture and deep fry until golden brown.
10. Drain off excess oil and toss in crispy curry leaves to serve.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.