Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I grew up practically knowing Menudo as a special dish.I am very fond of it either.During occasions I would always include Menudo on my list because of its taste and versatility.Some older ones would prefer this with beer, gin or whisky.The children love Menudo with rice especially if it has slices of hotdogs included.Others like me,we love Menudo with white bread and the best characteristic of Menudo,it can also last longer,just keep it in a glass container and set aside in the fridge and it will last for a week.I have a friend who I remember,his great grandmother would cook menudo and the shelf life would last for months,wow!I wish I can do that.
600 gms pork shoulder butt cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
150 grams pork liver cut into small cubes (optional)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 can whole tomato chopped
1/2 cup beer
3 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped onion
6 cloves garlic grated
2 large Chorizo Bilbao sliced in a round like rings
3/4 cup potato cut into small cubes
3/4 cup carrot cut into small cubes
1/2 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into cubes
1/2 cup raisin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons ground white pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
1/4 cup olive oil+ 2 tbsp+ 2 tbsp
1. In a bowl combine the meat,soy sauce,rice wine and cornstarch.
2. Mix until well combined and marinate for 3 hours.Set aside in the fridge.
3. In another bowl.combine pork liver,apple cider vinegar and light soy sauce.
4. Mix well and set aside in the fridge.
5. In a sauce pan,heat 1/4 cup olive oil and brown the meat.Set aside
6. Using the same pan,add 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the potato for 30 seconds.Set aside
7. Using the same pan,add 2 tbsp olive oil and saute garlic and onion.
8. Caramelize the onion then add 3 tbsp tomato paste.
9. Saute the mixture for 30 seconds and add the browned pork and slices of chorizo
10. Mix until well combined then…
11. Add the whole chopped tomato including the sauce,beer,paprika,oregano and bay leaf
12. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes then add 3 cups chicken broth.
13. Cover again and simmer for 30 minutes.
14. After 30 minutes,add the liver,potato,carrot,chickpeas,fish sauce,salt and pepper.
15. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes then add grated cheddar cheese,red bell pepper cubes and raisin
16. Check the taste and simmer for 10 minutes more.
17. Turn off the heat.Now ready to serve.
18. Note: My family is not a pork liver fan,so I did not add pork liver here but don’t worry the taste is rather great without it.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.