No-Brainer Low‑Carb Stuffed Peppers
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Here, you’ll stuff bell peppers with riced cauliflower (rather than rice) for a lower-carb take on the classic. (But don’t worry: There’s plenty of cheese.) Look for bell peppers that are longer than wide so they’ll stand up in the baking dish. Here’s our hack to prepare the bell peppers. Cut about 1/2 inch off the stem end, thereby removing that stem and opening a “lid” into the pepper. Run a serrated grapefruit spoon (or a paring knife — but take care not to cut the pepper) around the inside to loosen the white, fibrous membranes from the interior walls. Discard all that stuff and you’re ready to stuff the pepper.
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 cups riced cauliflower 8 ounces
- 4 ounces American mild or sharp cheddar cheese shredded (1 cup)
- 1 4 1/2-ounce can hot or mild diced green chiles 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 large long bell peppers of any color (green, red, yellow, or orange), stemmed and cored (that is, hollowed out— see the headnote for more information)
- 1 10-ounce can hot or mild red enchilada sauce (1plus 2 tablespoons — gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 qt 7-inch- round, high-sided, pressure-safe baking or soufflé dish and a pressure-safe rack or trivet
Pour the water into the insert set in a 5-, 6-, or 8-quart Instant Pot. Set a pressure-safe rack or trivet in the insert.
Stir the riced cauliflower, cheese, chiles, oregano, cumin, and salt in a large bowl until uniform. Divide this mixture among and pack it evenly into the bell peppers. Stand them up in a 2-quart, 7-inch- round, high-sided, pressure-safe baking or soufflé dish.
Pour the enchilada sauce over and around the peppers. Do not cover. Set the baking dish on the rack and lock the lid on the pot�
For MAX model: Set the Instant Pot for Pressure Cook and set the pressure for MAX. Set the time for 16 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off.
For other Instant Pot models: Set the Instant Pot for Pressure Cook and set the pressure for High. Set the time for 18 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off.
When the pot has finished cooking, turn it off and let the pressure return to normal naturally, about 20 minutes. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Use hot pads or silicone baking mitts to transfer the (hot!) baking dish to a nearby wire rack. Cool for a few minutes, then serve the peppers in bowls with the sauce ladled around and over them.
• For a 3-quart Instant Pot, you must halve almost all of the ingredient amounts except you must use 1 cup water in the insert. You must also use a 1-quart, 6-inch-round, high-sided, pressure-safe baking or soufflé dish.
• For a 10-quart Instant Pot, you must increase the amount of water in the insert to 2 1/2 cups while otherwise completing the recipe as stated.
• This recipe yields bell peppers that still need to be cut with a knife. If you want softer bell peppers, cook under pressure for 18 at MAX or 25 at HIGH.
• Garnish with red pepper flakes.
Photo Credit:- Cosori Air Fryers
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.