“Omg this can’t be vegan” Banana Bread
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I found this recipe when I was working with a community kitchen which was also a little vegan paradise for students. This bread will convert non-vegans in one mouthful. I did tweak it to decrease the amount of sugar, feel free to add a little more if your bananas are a little green.
Tip 1 : if you’re planning a banana bread but your bananas are not ripe yet, pop them in a paper bag for 2-3 days and they will be ready.
Tip 2 : double the quantities and freeze the breads, they keep for a good 2-3 months.
2 cups of canola or sunflower oil or margarine
1 to 1.5 cups of sugar (brown is nicer, because you can put less in)
1/2 cup of flax seeds and 1.5 cups of water
1/2 c. of sesame seeds
vanilla extract or 1 tsp of vanilla sugar
3 cups of flour (an extra cup on the side depending on desired consistency of the cake)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
2 or 3 cups of ripe crushed bananas (more bananas if less sugar, or soaked in coffee for an extra twist)
optional: walnuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, etc, to your heart’s content! I recommend about 2 handfuls of nuts or chips for half a batch.
1. prep your oven to 350 F / 180 C – preheat a little hotter than that for a perfect set up
2. first, mix the flax seeds and water in a blender together for about 3-5 minutes, until you get a gelatinous, egg white like substance.
3. mix sugar, vanilla extract and oil, and add the flax seed mix
4. mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, salt, baking soda, options like cinnamon, nuts, etc)
5. add the dry stuff in little by little, alternating with your crushed bananas.
6. grease the pans very lightly, add the sesame seeds as coating by putting a generous handful and then shaking it around so it goes on the bottom and the edges.
7. Now if you’re using a square pan, the breads will cook faster, about 40-45 minutes
8. if you have a loaf pan, you’ll want to put it up to 50 minutes to an hour.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.