This rosemary chicken recipe with Italian sausage recipe has been in my recipe box since the late ’80s. The ingredients may make you scratch your head – chicken and sausage?!? – but once you taste how just a few ingredients come together to create a rich, flavorful meal, it’ll be in your recipe box, too.
Serve this one-pan recipe with a vegetables and either a potato or rice to soak up that sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 – 4 links Italian sausage (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 – 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Here’s how to make it:
- Prick the skin of the sausage all over with a fork. Cook in a skillet over medium heat until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage from the pan, leaving the drippings in the skillet. Chop sausage into chunks.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Put it in the skillet, skin side down, and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add the rosemary and garlic. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine then put the chopped sausage and chicken back in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Add more salt and pepper, if needed, before serving.