An authentically prepared family favourite using organic ingredients to create a healthy meal.
500g Minced Beef
2 Large Onions
3 Cloves of Garlic
Homemade Stock / 2 Gluten Free Stock Cubes
1-2 Tablespoons of Honey/Stevia/Agave to sweeten
A (Large) Glass of Red Wine
Salt & Pepper
Handful of Fresh Basil
Small Handful of Fresh Thyme
1-2 Tablespoons of Tomato Puree
1. Heat a pot and add a large splash of olive oil. Peel and finely chop the onions, adding to the pot. Stir occasionally until the onions become translucent. If necessary, turn down the heat to avoid the onions from burning.
2. Add the minced beef and allow to brown. Do not break up the meat too much so as to leave some nice meatball like chunks.
3. Before the meat is completely browned and there are still some pinks bits, add the passata. Fill the passata container halfway with water and add to the pot. Add the tomato puree.
4. Stir and leave everything and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Mince the garlic and – if desired – chop the mushrooms. Add the sweetener, mushrooms, garlic, herbs, pepper and stock cube (as well as salt, if needed) to the pot, stir well and leave the tomato sauce to fry down and reduce. This should take approx. 30 minutes.
5. Ten minutes before the tomato sauce is ready spiralize the courgettes and fry in a little olive oil for a few minutes, seasoning with a little salt and pepper. Remove the courgettes before they start to produce any water, setting aside.
6. When everything is ready then plate up, adding any toppings of your choice. Then finally taste and delight in the awesome-ness of this delicious tomato sauce.