Pork Shoulder Stew
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I was at first a bit hesitant to share this recipe, because of the simplicity of it and was concerned that you may not read it, or try it. All worries set aside, I choose to share it as we enjoyed it so much, even though it takes time to cook. However, the oven does all the work for you, so kick up your heels or shoes, and enjoy some time away from the kitchen.
The ginger and lime give it a savory flavor. No need to worry about skimming off the fat at as it is all removed prior to cooking. Mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish combination.
One warning: the house will smell wonderfully.
1 4-pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of all fat and cut in 1-inch cube
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 2-inch cube fresh ginger, peeled
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
4-6 fresh thyme branches
1 cup white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 limes, squeezed
2 cups chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven at 350F. Place the rack on the lower part of the oven.
2. Trim all the fat from the pork shoulder and cut into 1-inch cubes. In a large cast enamel pot, over medium high, heat the olive oil. Add half of the pork cubes, do not overcrowd the pot, sear for a couple of minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and place on a plate. Add the remaining pork shoulder to the pan and sear for about a couple of minutes. Remove from the pot and add with the first batch.
3. Add the wine and vinegar to the pot and scrape any bits that may have stuck to the bottom or sides. Add the onions, carrots, garlic and ginger. Lower the heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft.
4. Add the pork shoulder back to the pot over the onion’s carrots mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice and fresh thyme. Stir all. Add the chicken broth to slightly cover the pork. (you may have some stock left over)
5. Cover with a tight lid and place in the hot oven. Cook for about 2 to 2 ½ hours, covered and stirring once in a while.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.