Potatoes Smothered W/ Egg Sauce (Cariucho)
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This is a delicious Ecuadorian side dish that can be served with any meat, poultry, and game that you please. The tender potato is smothered with this bright, egg-y, thick sauce that everyone would love! An easy-going recipe that won’t stress you one bit.
4 Big Russet, Idaho, or Red Potatoes
1 inch Scallion, chopped to 1 pieces
1 tablespoon , Unsalted Butter
1 teaspoon Achiote Seeds, If you don’t have this on hand it’s fine, you can live without it. These seeds just give
1 cup Scallions, chopped small (minced)
1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped small (minced)
Salt& Pepper, to taste
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
4 Hard-Boiled Eggs, roughly chopped
1 Jalapeno with or without seeds (your choice), chopped small (minced)
2 strips Bacon, cubed and cooked until crisped
1. Start off by cooking the potatoes with the skin on, 1 Tbsp of salt, and the 1 scallion that was chopped. Cook potatoes until tender then turn heat off to keep it warm. While cooking potatoes you can start working on the sauce.
2. Melt the butter in a pan/sauce pot with the achiote to extract the color. Once the butter is yellowish/orange remove the achiote seeds with a spoon.
3. Saute the scallions for 2-3 minutes, then add in the flour and cilantro and saute for 1 minute.
4. Dd in the milk and season with salt and pepper, cook for 1 minute. Then add in the heavy cream and cook until the sauce thickens.
5. Once sauce is thickened, stir in the chopped hard-boiled eggs and jalapeno.
6. Once ready to start plating, using a glove, peel the skin off the cooked potatoes and add them onto your serving platter. Smother on the egg sauce and garnish with bacon.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.