- 6 oz beer or water
- 4 oz diced green chiles 1 can
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 in chipotlesadobo sauce or to taste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lb lbs beef chuck roast (if more than 2 inch thick, cut into 1chunks)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp kosher salt or to taste
- Diced avocado
- chopped cilantro
- diced red onion
- Lime wedges
- Combine Marinade Mixture ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the meat on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through.
- Add marinade to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add bay leaves, then toss to ensure everything is coated in the marinade.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 60 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Discard bay leaves. Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a cutting board and shred.
- (Optional) Skim fat off the top of the sauce using a large spoon or gravy separator.
- Return the meat to the pot, add salt and toss to coat.
- Serve shredded beef in tacos, salads, burrito bowls, or nachos alongside lime wedges.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.