Steak with Mushrooms, Thyme, and Sweet Potatoes
DESCRIPTION: The sweet potato side dish adds a lovely sweetness to complement the umami-packed steak.
5 Tablespoons of olive oil (75 ml), divided, to cook with
2 small sweet potatoes (260 g), peeled
2 beef steaks (400 g)
12 white button mushrooms (120 g), sliced thick (or use other mushrooms of your choice)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
4-6 sprigs thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
2. Cut the sweet potato into large chunks and toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and spread out on a greased roasting tray. Bake in the oven until softened, approximately 25-30 minutes.
3. For the steak, season with salt.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan and cook the steak to your liking, ensuring there is a nice, golden crust on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest, while you flash-fry the mushrooms.
5. Add the last tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan used for the steak and cook the sliced mushrooms over high heat until caramelized, adding the garlic and thyme leaves halfway through. Season with salt.
6. Serve the steak topped with the garlicky mushrooms and the roasted sweet potato alongside.
7. If you choose to use fillet steak (which is much thicker), there is a foolproof method of getting it done to perfection (medium). Simply brown the outside as per the recipe, then place in a 320°F / 160°C preheated oven for 12 minutes. This will ensure the steak cooks through sufficiently without over-cooking the outside. Don’t forget to rest it for 10 minutes before serving.
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Cardillong Isda is an old Filipino dish that is very popular due to its simple preparation and availability of ingredients. In the...
Carne Asada Nachos
Tender spicy beef with crunchy chips, gooey cheese, creamy avocado, tangy salsa and fresh cilantro Ingredients 2 Lb...
Caramelized Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken Drumsticks - a.k.a. Swiss Sauce Chicken
For clarification, Swiss sauce has nothing to do with Switzerland. It is a kind off sweet soy sauce marinade originated from Guang Zhou in...
Caramelized Pork Belly & Shrimp
This flavorful Vietnamese dish is easy to make and does not need any spices, as the flavor comes from the caramelization process. It is...
Caramelized Onions, Thyme & Fontina Crostini
I love crostini! Whats not to love about a beautifully crisp slice of baguette topped with something sweet or savory? If you are hosting a...
Caramelized Onion Roast Chicken
Winner winner chicken dinner. One pan, one hour, whats not to love? Ingredients 8 skin on chicken drumsticks 2...
Caramel Pecan Brownies
Without doubt, these are the most delightful tasting brownies that we’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting, and the best thing about them...
Caprese Stuffed Chicken
Quick, easy, and most importantly - delicious! Caprese Stuffed Chicken is a perfect weeknight meal that requires few ingredients and very...