Baked chicken is one of my favorite chicken dinners. You can do so many things with chicken and a few ingredients when you throw them in the oven. This easy crispy Italian baked chicken recipe is a new one that will get a place in my recipe rotation. The chicken has quick and minimal prep and bakes to juicy golden perfection while you prepare the side dishes.
Start this baked chicken by stirring together garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning and paprika in a bowl. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then rub the seasoning blend all over both sides. Be generous! Put the chicken into an oiled baking dish or ovenproof skillet, drizzle with a little more olive oil and bake until cooked through and super crispy. (Baking time will depend on your oven and the size of the chicken pieces.)
If you like this chicken recipe, here are more to try:
- Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken
- Lemon Ranch Baked Chicken
- Butter Baked Chicken
- Sticky Orange Baked Chicken
Serve this crispy baked chicken with your favorite side dishes. I served mine with a salad a broccoli.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 – 6 bone-in chicken thighs (or whatever pieces you like)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Tuscan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- olive oil
Here’s how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning and paprika.
- Drizzle a baking dish or ovenproof skillet with a little olive oil. Put the chicken into the pan, season with salt and pepper, and rub the seasoning blend all over both sides of the chicken. Be generous. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake, skin side up, in a preheated 400-degree F oven until chicken is crispy and cooked through, about 40 minutes (165 degrees F internal temperature).