My fuss free and healthier approach of emulating the famed St Louis delicacy, deep fried ravioli.
1/3 packet of 375g (13 oz) pre-made fresh agnolotti/ravioli
1.5 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) for a fan-forced oven or 200 degrees Celsius (392 F) for a convection oven.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Spray a thin layer of olive oil (any oil of your choice will do) on the baking paper. Set aside.
4. Crack and beat an egg on a plate. On a separate plate add breadcrumbs.
5. Dip agnolotti in the beaten egg first.
6. Then coat it with breadcrumbs. Repeat step 5 and 6 with the remaining agnolotti until egg and breadcrumbs are finished.
7. Place the crumbed agnolotti onto a baking tray. Once you’ve completed step 5 and 6, spray another thin layer of oil over the crumbed aganolotti. Bake the crumbed agnolotti for 25 minutes or until golden brown.