First tweet of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey sold as NFT for $2.9 million

 

Twitter’s CEO has sold his first tweet as a non-fungible token (NFT) to Bridge Oracle’s CEO. Jack Dorsey had mentioned that his first tweet “just setting up my twttr” was availability for sale on the platform Valuables by Cent. This started a bidding auction and the final sale has been made. The websites said that Malaysia based Sina Estavi has bought American based Jack Dorsey’s 15-year old tweet, which was posted on March 21, 2006, as an NFT, for more than $2.9 million. It had been bought using ether cryptocurrency, a rival currency to Bitcoin. Estavi compared buying the tweet to buying art like the Mona Lisa.

 

Valuables by Cent deals with NFT. Other auction houses are slowly joining in. This month another huge digital artwork was sold by British auction house. Christie’s sold artist Beeple’s digital artwork “Everyday: The first 5000 days” for $69.4 million as an NFT. A NFT is a digital certificate of authenticity. It confirms that an item is real and one of a kind. It records the item details on a block chain digital ledger.

 

Earlier on, Jack Dorsey had tweeted that the sale’s proceeds would be changed to Bitcoin, a digital currency. He said that it would be directly sent to a nonprofit called GiveDirectly’s Africa Response. The charity has been collecting funds to offer financial support to African families who have been affected by the pandemic.

 

Valuables by Cent said that 95% of the proceeds of the sale are given to the original creator while the platform keeps the remaining 5%. On Monday afternoon Dorsey tweeted that he had received the proceeds of the sale. He also said that the funds had been sent to the charity.

 

GiveDirectly also tweeted following Dorsey’s tweet. It thanked @jack and @sinaEstavi. It also said it was looking forward to distributing the money to the recipients at the earliest.

Image Credit Wiki


Follow us on Google news for more updates and News










PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.

This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.

Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.

Full Disclaimer


>