Just like humans, we are responsible for our little four-legged friends and their health. We tend to want to research and read reviews and studies shown for the food we give our little ones. If they are to grow into healthy adults we need to start from moment one to give them everything they need to be in optimal shape. They are in need of the same digestive attention as well as attention to their bones, teeth, and muscles.
What to look for when you choose a puppy food and why?
Puppies have the same basic needs as do a human baby. It is common sense that you need to promote proper development of certain things in order to assist the dog to develop normally. This includes its brain first and foremost as the brain is the epicenter of the body; if it doesn’t develop well, neither does any other part of the dog. The learning how to walk comes pretty naturally to dogs whereas for humans we have to actually learn and practice. However, a dog needs proper brain nutrition so that it learns coordination. If you have ever seen a dog start to walk or run, its coordination is not perfect. They tend to kind of have that cute flop from paws to the ground in a fumbling manner. This coordination comes from the conversation and relationship the brain has to the nervous system of the dog. So it only stands to reason that puppy food that is organic and devoid of chemicals that will affect that relationship in an adverse way should be the one to buy. Also, one with a good amount of DHA which you get it fish oils which most of the time is placed in large breed dog food, it should, however, be placed in puppy food as well. In this brand, it is as well as high protein for muscle growth and development.
What Purina Pro Plan has to suit those needs?
For a puppy, they made sure it was formulated with small kibble so they could negotiate it properly for their size. These small kibble bites are packed with high amounts of protein just right for the developmental stages.
- For brain and vision health: This product carries Omega 3 fatty acids and DHA which are both found in mother’s breast milk.
- Heart Health: High-level protein for cardiovascular health
- Immune System: This product is high in antioxidants, milk proteins that are all natural and real chicken.
- Healthy Coats and skin: Vitamin A and omega 6 fatty acids as well as linoleic acid
- Teeth and bones: This product is also fortified with calcium and phosphorus and other essential minerals that promote the growth of teeth and bones.
- Optimal weight control: This product has a balance of fat to protein to maintain optimal weight.
Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice: This Purina product has some great reviews from people who say they would never change their dog to another food. They claim that it is formulated for the absolute best for a growing puppy and this is because of a well-rounded ingredient plan that consists of real chicken, real fish, and meat for what the company calls bioavailability. This is also a good plan for older dogs as well so if you have more than one in the house you don’t have to spend more to feed them. You can get it delivered right to your door instead of lugging bags of it home from the grocery or pet store so it is a convenience.
Benefits for this puppy food
- Though it is specially designed for young dogs, older dogs can benefit from the glucosamine that is also impregnated in the dog food for joint support. They put a lot of miles on those joints; far more than we do as humans so the younger you can start them the better and this product will get them there.
- High-quality protein found in the real chicken product will help them keep a healthy coat and skin.
- Prebiotic fiber which aids in the digestive tract is essential at a young age and up through to an older age. A young dog has to be sure that its flora in the gut is maintained and not inhibited by byproducts and chemicals. This happens even in humans if we are not breastfeeding and with certain non-organic baby formula and food. There is no difference in the maintenance of your dog’s health
- With this product, you will maintain an optimal and healthy weight for your dog by way of the fat and protein being evenly weighed.
Why is diet so important for your pet?
Most people believe that an animal is an animal and they should not be treated as people. Just slip them a piece of steak or chicken once and a while and buy them any cheap dog food and they are OK. This could not be further from the truth. Some people become confused by this and reason that if they were in the wild they would not need all this so why should we have to treat them this way?
There are two valid reasons for this.
1. These animals have been domesticated by man over hundreds of years and they have lost some of the natural biological ways to compensate through certain conditions that are brought on in each stage of life. We owe them the care they deserve if we are to have them in our charge to make sure we maintain them correctly.
2. These animals would certainly be exposed to all the components in these dog foods in the wild which is why they are included in the way that they are logically in the food. They are just simply taking nature and putting it in a bag
This is why a balanced diet, exercise and plenty of fresh water is as essential as the love you give them every day. For more information visit this site.