On Sunday night, Tom Brady led Tampa Bay Buccaneers scored a decisive 31-9 win over Patrick Mahomes’ Kansas City Chiefs. Played at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay Florida, Tom Brady led Bucs shattered innumerable records and created a few new ones. This is only the second win for the Bucs in their NFL history. However, this has been a historic NFL win and one that exceeded expectations.
Some of these records are:
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the first team to win a Super Bowl in a home stadium
- QB Tom Brady was awarded the Lombardi Trophy for the seventh time in the history of the game
- Tom Brady has won the trophy two times more than any NFL player
- Brady has won the Super Bowl one time more than any other NFL franchise
- Brady took home the Most Valuable Player — NFL MVP for the fifth time
- Brady broke his own record of being the oldest QB to win a Super Bowl
- Brady and Gronkowski’s 13th touchdown made them the most prolific post season passing duo in the game’s history
- Brady and Gronkowski added a 14th touchdown breaking their own record
- The 14th touchdown was also Brady’s first first-quarter touchdown pass in the Super Bowl
- Arians is the oldest head coach to win the Super Bowl
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ awesome victory over the much fancied Kansas City Chiefs is the result of team effort. Right from the coach and support team, to the defense, to the offense, everything worked in tandem for the team to achieve an almost unbelievable victory. Some experts felt that the entire defense team deserved to be considered as MVP as well.
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) February 8, 2021
The Bucks lead from the first quarter at 14-3. At the tail end of the first half the Chiefs looked liked they would make a comeback but the young QB Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs could not match the experience of the 43 year old Brady and Gronkowski combo whose third touchdown toss took the lead to 21-6. After this the Bucs only kept moving forward to increase the score while the Chiefs lost most of the momentum they had gained earlier on.
Mahomes game had 2 interceptions. He went 26/49 for 270 yards. Brady threw 3 touchdowns. He went 21/29 for 201 yards.
Tom Brady said, “Yeah we’re coming back. You already know that.”
Image Credit Twitter