Forbes has released its 35th annual billionaires list on April 6 and the youngest billionaire in the world is Kevin David Lehmann from Germany.
Who is Kevin David Lehmann and how did he become the youngest billionaire is a question on many people’s mind. The answer is that he is an unassuming 18-year old man who has inherited stakes worth $3.3 billion from his father Guenther Lehmann, who transferred the drugstore stake to his son.
Although the young man received his stake when he was 14, it was in trusteeship till his eighteenth birthday. Kevin David Lehmann has no flamboyant presence on social media.
The Lehmann wealth comes from the drug store chain dm-drogerie mart. According to the company’s website and Bloomberg, the company was founded in 1974 in Germany. It has over 3,000 stores across Germany and Europe and not only sells drugs but also sells cosmetics, baby products, nutrition products and many more.
The youngest self-made billionaire is Austin Russell founder of the startup Luminar Technologies. He got a $100,000 fellowship from the Thiel foundation that was founded by billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel.
Earlier on Kylie Jenner had been anointed the youngest self- made billionaire but she has since fallen from the ranks. Her nomination had created a huge controversy as she was considered to be born into privilege but was listed as “self-made.” She started her own cosmetic line and is the sole owner.
The ten youngest billionaires as per age as per Forbes are as follows:
- Kevin David Lehmann — an 18-year old German who inherited $3.3 billion from Drugstores
- Wang Zelong — a 24-year old from China with $1.5 billion who inherited a $1.3 billion stake in CNNC Huan Yuan Titanium Oxide Co
- Alexandra Andresen — a 24-year old Norwegian with $1.4 billion from an investment firm
- Katharina Andresen — a 25-year old Norwegian with $1.4 billion from an investment firm
- Austin Russell — a 26-year old American whose source of wealth is from autonomous car technology
- Gustav Magnar Witzoe — a 27-year old Norwegian with a net worth of $4.4 billion from fish farming
- Andy Fang — a 28-year old American worth $2 billion and a founder of DoorDash
- Stanley Tang — a 28-year old American with a net worth of $2 billion also a founder of DoorDash
- Sam Bankman-Fried a 29-year old American worth $8.7 billion from Crypto Trading
- Jonathan Kwok — a 29-year old from Hong Kong who has a net worth of $2.4 billion from Real Estate