Why Should You Buy Square Q1 2021 Earnings. Sales Surge by over 266% as Bitcoin Revenue Explodes.
Follow us on Google news for more updates and News
Square (SQ) reported first-quarter earnings that blew past estimates with record breaking sales.
Here were the main metrics in Square’s report compared to consensus estimates compiled by Bloomberg:
- Revenue:$5.06 billion vs.$3.37 billion expected and $1.38 billion
- Adjusted earnings:41 cents vs. 16 cents per share expected and a loss of 2 cents per share
- Cash App also showed strong gross profit growth last month, but “as we lapped the government fund disbursements in mid-April of 2020, gross profit growth slowed ,” the company said.
- Q1 adjusted EPS of 41 cent vs. average analyst estimate of 16 cents; compares with 2 cents in the year-ago quarter.
- Q1 total revenue of $5.06B vs. $3.33B consensus and $538.5M in the year-ago quarter. Excluding bitcoin, total net revenue was $1.55B, up 44%
- Cash App ecosystem gross profit of $495M, up 171%; Cash App revenue of $4.04B increased 66% ; excluding bitcoin, Cash App revenue was $529M, up 139% .
- Cash App Business GPV was $3.4B, up 227% .
- Bitcoin revenue of $3.51B surged vs. $1.76B in Q4 2020; bitcoin gross profit of $75M vs. $41M in Q4.
- Q4 Seller gross profit increased 19% to $468M.
- Seller gross payment volume of $29.8B vs. $32.0B in Q4 and $24.7B a year ago.
CWEB Analyst’s have initiated a BUY Rating for Square (SQ) and potential upside of $299 in 2021. Square’s transaction services revenue jumped 28% in the first quarter over last year to $960 million, coming in well above the $872.5 million expected.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.