The Coca-Cola Company (KO) reported better-than-expected earnings Wednesday and reinstated guidance despite uncertainties sparked by the coronavirus pandemic. Over the last 2 years, KO has beaten EPS estimates 75% of the time and has beaten revenue estimates 88% of the time.
The Zacks Consensus Estimate for the company’s fourth-quarter earnings stands at 41 cents, suggesting a decline of 6.8% from the year-ago quarter’s reported figure. Further, the consensus mark has been unchanged in the past 30 days.
- Global Unit Case Volume Declined 3% for the Quarter and 6% for the Full Year
- Net Revenues Declined 5% for the Quarter and 11% for the Full Year; Organic Revenues (Non-GAAP) Declined 3% for the Quarter and 9% for the Full Year
- Operating Income Grew 8% for the Quarter and Declined 11% for the Full Year; Comparable Currency Neutral Operating Income (Non-GAAP) Grew 14% for the Quarter and Was Even for the Full Year
- Fourth Quarter EPS Declined 29% to $0.34, and Comparable EPS (Non-GAAP) Grew 6% to $0.47;Full Year EPS Declined 13% to $1.79, and Comparable EPS (Non-GAAP) Declined 8% to $1.95
- Cash from Operations Was $9.8 Billion for the Full Year, Down 6%; Full Year Free Cash Flow (Non-GAAP) Was $8.7 Billion, Up 3%
“The progress we made in 2020, including the actions taken to accelerate the transformation of our company, gives us confidence in returning to growth in the year ahead,” CEO James Quincey said in a statement. “While near-term uncertainty remains, we are well-positioned to emerge stronger from the crisis.”
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is a total beverage company, offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries and territories. In addition to the company’s Coca-Cola brands, our portfolio includes some of the world’s most valuable beverage brands, such as AdeS plant-based beverages, Ayataka green tea, Costa coffee, Dasani waters, Del Valle juices and nectars, Fanta, Georgia coffee, Gold Peak teas and coffees, Honest Tea, innocent smoothies and juices, Minute Maid juices, Powerade sports drinks, Simply juices, smartwater, Sprite, vitaminwater and ZICO coconut water.
We’re constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. We’re also working to reduce our environmental impact by replenishing water and promoting recycling. With our bottling partners, we employ more than 700,000 people, helping bring economic opportunity to local communities worldwide