Connect with us


Peloton urges customers to read safety warnings after child is killed after an incident on its Tread+ home treadmill

Twitter Peloton


CEO and co-founder of Peloton, John Foley reached out to customers of the Tread+. He said that he recently learnt about an accident that involved a child and the Tread+. Sadly the child died so he was reaching out and reminding them to read the safety warnings and to follow them.


The letter was addressed to those who had bought theTread+. It was shared on Thursday on Pelo Buddy. This site is filled with unofficial tips and tricks to guide you when you use your Peloton.


Foley said that although there were very few incidents involving the Tread+ and children getting hurt, each incident was devastating. He said that their hearts go out to the families involved in such accidents.


He shared a few do’s and don’ts in the letter. He said that the company issues standard safety warnings. It says pets and children should be kept away from exercise equipment all the time. After a workout is completed, the user should remove the safety key from the exercise machine. These safety measures should be followed to be incident-free.


He said that the company built equipment keeping safety measures in mind and those family members and users should also help to ensure safety. He said that this is specifically true during the pandemic when everyone was at home.


Peloton makes high priced stationary exercise bikes, which were launched in 2012. The Peloton Tread was introduced in 2018 and the Tread+ was introduced in fall 2020. They cost between $1,895 and $2,495. The treadmills are more expensive and basic models cost $2,495. The Tread+ which is the high end as well as the latest model costs $4,295.


After the letter was released Peloton shares fell by 3.35 % and were at $104.44 at afternoon trade.

Follow us on Google news for more updates and News

Full Disclaimer

Click to comment

More in Crime



Get the most important news and analyses for Free.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.