Good morning. In today’s newsletter Wall Street Before the Bell:
European stocks slide after Wall Street sell-off and new curbs in France
ByteDance applies for tech export license in China amid TikTok deal talks
Electric vehicle charging network ChargePoint to go public at $2.4 billion valuation
- 8:30 a.m. ET: Initial jobless claims, week ended September 19 (840,000 expected, 860,000 during prior week)
- 8:30 a.m. ET: Continuing claims, week ended September 12 (12.275 expected, 12.628 million during prior week)
- 10:00 a.m. ET: New home sales, August (890,000 expected, 901,000 in July)
- 11:00 a.m. ET: Kansas City Fed Manufacturing Activity Index, September (14 expected, 14 in August)
- Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) analyst at Wedbush turns bearish.
- Today’s Markets
In Asia, Japan -1.4%. Hong Kong -1.9%. China -1.7%. India -3%.
In Europe, at midday, London -0.6%. Paris -0.1%. Frankfurt +0.1%.
Futures at 6:20, Dow -0.1%. S&P -0.1%. Nasdaq -0.7%. Crude +0.1% to $39.95. Gold -0.8% to $1857.50. Bitcoin -1.4% to $10338.
Ten-year Treasury Yield flat at 0.67%
- 6:50 a.m. ET: CarMax (KMX) is expected to report adjusted earnings of $1.08 per share on revenue of $5.21 billion
- 7:00 a.m. ET: Darden Restaurants (DRI) is expected to report adjusted earnings of 5 cents per share on revenue of $1.56 billion
- 4:05 p.m. ET: Vail Resorts (MTN) is expected to report an adjusted loss of $3.44 per share on revenue of $136.55 million
- 4:15 p.m. ET: Costco (COST) is expected to report adjusted earnings of $2.84 per share on revenue of $52.23 billion