A Beef Curry with a Difference
1/2 kilogram Beef::, chopped preferably with fat.
1 whole Lime:
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds:
200 Shallots/button onions: gms, sliced.
2 pods Garlic:, chopped.
1 inch Ginger:, chopped.
1 Tomato: chopped.
2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chilly powder:
2 tablespoons Meat masala:
1 teaspoon Coriander powder:
1/2 teaspoon Garam masala:
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric:
1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder:
2. Meanwhile deskin and clean 200 gms of shallots.
7. Meantime chop 1 tomato and keep aside.
8. Now the shallots must have started to brown….add 2 tsp red chilly powder (I am using Kashmiri chilly which is not pungent; if using ordinary red chilly pls reduce by 1 tsp), 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp meat masala, 1/2 tsp garam masala, and 1/2 tsp pepper powder.
9. Allow it to fry for a min or until the raw smell goes.
10. Add the chopped tomato.
11. Let it fry for 2 or 3 min or until oil comes out.
13. Add little water. Close pressure cooker and cook for 20 min on low flame after the 1 st whistle.
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News