Sometimes I share this cake to make a statement. Then I go the extra mile to created a filled layered and frosted masterpiece. More often then not I just let the cake speak for itself.
1 cup chestnut flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup Baking Cocoa
8 ounces unsalted butter
2 cup Chocolate Drops
1/2 cup Diplomatico Anejo Rum
4 large eggs at room temperature and whipped
1. Sift flour, sugar and cocoa into a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a saucepan or double boiler over low heat. Stir frequently to make certain the chocolate doesn’t scorch.
3. Fold in eggs and remove the pan from heat.
4. Blend the mixture in with the dry ingredients.
5. Pour and scrape the batter in to a pie pan has been lined with parchment.
6. Bake the brownies on center rack at 350° for 30 minutes.