Succulent, aromatic meat with melting cheese and crispy bacon.
4 turkey steaks
8 thin slices bacon
100g feta cheese, crushed
4 tbs baharat* seasoning
¼ tsp salt
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
* Turkish baharat spice mix:
2 tbs ground black pepper
2 tbs ground cumin
1 tbs ground coriander
1 tbs chopped dried mint leaves
1 tbs garlic (granules)
1 tsp nutmeg, grated
½ tsp ground cardamom
Pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Flatten the steaks carefully with a meat mallet.
2. Place 2 slices of bacon on each steak, sprinkle with feta cheese.
3. Roll the steak into a roll and secure with a metal or wooden toothpicks.
4. Mix baharat and salt. Coat the rolls with the baharat on all sides.
5. Very briefly sauté the garlic in a mixture of oil and butter (to infuse it with the garlic aroma), Take the garlic out of the fat.
6. Sauté rolls in the oil and butter mixture for about 5 minutes on each side or until done.
7. Before serving take toothpicks out of the meat.
8. Combine all the ingredients together till well mixed. Store in an airtight jar and keep away from direct sunlight.
9. Serve with the roasted cauliflower.