- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 lb well-marbled sirloin steak cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth warmed
- 16 oz baby bella or crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or Kitchen Bouquet/Gravymaster
- Chopped italian parsley for garnish optional
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, add meat and onions. Brown the meat on all sides, 4-5 minutes.
- Add broth and wine to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add mushrooms and stir to combine. Add a steam rack or riser on top of the mushrooms. (Use the one that came with your pot,)
- Place potato cubes into a steamer basket and place basket on the steam rack or riser.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the potatoes to a bowl. Add butter, sour cream and salt and mash to desired consistency.
- Remove steam rack or riser and stir in worcestershire.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of pot liquid and cornstarch. Stir into the pot until thickened, returning to SAUTE mode as needed. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve beef and mushrooms over mashed potatoes. Garnish with chopped italian parsley (optional)
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.