Brandy Chicken Piccata
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
A classic dish with a twist, brandy. I should follow my own rule of always having all the ingredients on hands, and tonight somehow we did not have any white wine at the house. Plenty of red, that for sure, but white, not a bottle in sight. I had to come up with something on the spot, therefore, I decided to use brandy instead of white wine. It was delicious!
The brandy with chicken broth, garlic, capers, and lemon juice was just out of this world. A richer texture and the last piece of butter made it all bind well together. I love it better than the original classic and look forward to preparing it again.
8 chicken tights, skin on
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup brandy
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup sodium-free chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers, drained
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
fresh lemon slices
1. Season the chicken tights with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the 1 olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
2. Sauté the chicken tights skin down for 5 – 6 minutes on one side if the skin feels some resistant cook it a bit longer. Turn them over and sauté the other side until nicely browned, and no juices are running, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Add the brandy and chicken broth to the pan and bring it to a boil. Add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid half evaporated about 2 minutes
4. Add lemon juice, parsley, and capers and continue cooking for another 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Finish the sauce with butter and lemons slices. Once butter melts and sauce are starting to get a bit thick, it is ready to serve.
6. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.