- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch (16 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 package frozen southwestern corn 10.8 ounces
- 1 can Progresso™ black beans drained, rinsed, 15 ounces
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky mild or medium salsa from 16 ounce jar
- 1 container Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth 32 ounces
- 1 package Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix 0.85 ounces
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese 4 ounces
- chopped fresh cilantro sour cream, corn chips, as desired
- In the Instant Pot™, add chicken, onion, corn, black beans, salsa, chicken broth and seasoning, stirring to combine.
- Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK; cook on high pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally for 15 minutes. Carefully release remaining pressure, and remove cover. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese until melted.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls; top with remaining cheese and remaining ingredients.
Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
(No Title): Use caution when releasing remaining pressure from Instant Pot™ after cooking, due to escaping hot steam.
(No Title): 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen corn may be substituted for the southwestern corn in this recipe.
(No Title): Kitchen Tested – 5/2018.