Chicken Cacciatore, Light and Easy
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This is another dish that probably has as many variations as it does cooks who prepare it. I’m not a big fan of heavy red sauces so I made a pretty light version of the classic chicken and vegetable stew. It went VERY well over a mound of garlic mashed potatoes.
Chicken Parts. I used breasts and thighs.
Yellow or White Onion
5 cloves Garlic
2 Red and Green Peppers
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
Oregano, fresh or dry, to taste
Rosemary, fresh or dry, to taste
Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
1 cup Red Wine
2 cups Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a bit of olive oil over medium to medium-high heat and brown the chicken.
3. Peel and slice the carrots.Chop the onion into rings and mince the garlic.Slice the peppers into thin strips.Quarter the tomatoes. Snip the herbs. Use a tablespoon or two of each if using fresh, about half that if using dry.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the onion, garlic and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to brown.
5. Stir in the tomato paste and cook another minute or two.
6. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
7. Stir in the peppers, herbs and crushed red pepper.
8. Return the chicken to the pan and add the broth. Simmer over low heat until the chicken is done and the broth thickens a bit, about 30 minutes.
9. Remove the chicken. If the sauce needs to thicken a bit more, turn up the heat and cook for a few more minutes, stirring frequently Pour it over the chicken.
10. We had it with garlic mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.