Chicken Florentine Casserole
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This Chicken Florentine Casserole has prosciutto, spinach, mushrooms and onions, all blended with two different cheeses and the perfect touch of Italian seasonings. It’s a taste of Italy for sure!
2 tablespoons olive oil
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, approximately 3 lbs
½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 oz prosciutto
1 (6 oz) package fresh baby spinach
8 tablespoons butter (reserving 6 tablespoons for the sauce)
1 (8 oz) package of sliced mushrooms
½ medium onion, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 (22.6 oz) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup cream (we used half and half)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, (approximately ½ lemon)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1½ teaspoon dried parsley (reserve ½ teaspoon for the top)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Grease an 11″ x 11″ baking dish.
2. Lightly pepper one side of the chicken breasts then add them to a hot skillet with the olive oil. Over medium high heat brown and cook the chicken breasts approximately 10 minutes on each side. Cover with a lid and continue to cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400º F.
4. Add the prosciutto to the hot pan and cook until just a little crispy. Set aside, cool and chop into pieces.
5. Continuing over medium high heat, add the spinach to the hot skillet, stir and cook just until wilted. Remove from heat and lay the wilted spinach evenly in the greased baking dish.
6. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the hot skillet, along with the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook over medium high heat until the mushrooms are lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes. Add the onions and cook until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook one minute, just to release the garlic flavor.
7. Add the Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, the cream, lemon juice, Italian seasonings, dried parsley, Parmesan cheese and the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter. Stir and cook until all ingredients are well blended and melted together.
8. Pour ½ of the sauce over the wilted spinach, then add the chicken breasts. Spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken, making sure to cover the chicken. Add the chopped prosciutto, then layer the shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the reserved ½ teaspoon dried parsley.
9. Bake in a preheated 400º F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.