Cinnamon Raisin & Apple French Toast Bake
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I mean c’mon how amazing does this Cinnamon Raisin & Apple French Toast Bake look?!?!? Layers of cinnamon raisin bread, egg custard and lightly sautéed cinnamon apples! Whats not to love about that? I absolutely love the creamy texture of the egg base along with the sweet al dente apples and the crunch of the perfectly golden top layer! This right here is absolutely perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch!
1 lb loaf cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1/2 in slices
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk
4 tsp vanilla, divided
3 large apples, peeled and sliced
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1. In a large saute pan melt the butter with 2 tsp of vanilla, the brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss the apples to coat and cook just until slightly softened.
2. In a bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, milk and 2 tsp vanilla.
3. Butter a 9 x 12 baking dish. Cover the bottom on the dish with a bit of the egg mixture.
4. Place a single layer of sliced bread to cover the bottom of the dish.
5. The next layer is all the apples. Topped with another single layer of the bread.
6. Pour the remaining egg mixture evenly overtop the bread. Sprinkle the top with extra cinnamon if you’d like.
7. In a 375 degree oven bake the french toast covered with foil for 25 minutes then uncovered for another approx. 25 minutes.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.