Corned Beef with Horseradish Cream Sauce
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day you are going to love this recipe of Corned Beef with horseradish cream sauce. I had lots of fun preparing this easy, no fuss meal. And I must admit, I have not used my Le Creuset Dutch oven pan in a while, and the calling was right there for me.
Yes, it may take a couple of hours of cooking, however the stove does it all. The only thing you have to do is remember that you have a pot on the stove.
I decided to cook the vegetables after the corned beef was done. Only 20 minutes and I was able to pull out a couple of potatoes that were cooking faster.
I could not get enough of the horseradish cream sauce. If you have left over corned beef this Saturday night, you can always make corned beef ash with an egg for Sunday brunch. At least that was my intention, however no left overs… Next time.
1 3 pounds corned beef brisket
4 bay leaves
1 12 ounces bottle Guinness draught beer
1 onion, peeled and halved
6 carrots, peeled and halved
1 cabbage, quartered and cored
6 boiling potatoes scrubbed
Salt and pepper
½ cup sour cream
3-4 tablespoons cream style horseradish
1 scallion, finely sliced
1. In a small bowl mix together the sour cream, the horseradish and the scallions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
2. Put the corned beef in a Dutch oven. Pour the beer and enough water to cover the meat. Add the bay leaves.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and skim the foam from the surface of the water. Cover and simmer for about 2 ½ hours, or until the corned beef is tender.
4. Remove from the liquid, wrap in foil and set aside.
5. Add the potatoes, cabbage, onion and carrots to the pot, cover and cook over a gentle boiling simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.
6. Return the corned beef to the pot to warm up, 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Cut the meat across grain and arrange on plate with the vegetables and a little of the cooking juice.
8. Serve with the horseradish cream.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.