Crab Cake Sliders with Basil Aioli
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
So I’m really on an aioli kick these days. It’s ridiculously amazing and people think you’re fancy when you make it. Little do they know its an enhanced mayonnaise…oops. I had a can of crab sitting in my pantry begging to be used. I also like to incorporate old bay into almost all my recipes so this is a rather easy fit. Old Bay and crabs. I question those who deny it. Serve with a chopped tomato and basil salad. This recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit.
1/4 cup minced roasted red peppers (jarred)
Basil Aioli (see recipe)
1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ( I use panko, it gets too soggy when I use regular breadcrumbs)
2 large egg yolks
All purpose flour
2 egg whites, beaten until foamy
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped basil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Combine crabmeat, red peppers, and 3 tablespoons of the basil aioli and lemon zest in a large bowl.
2. Mix in 1 1/3 cups of breadcrumbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in the yolks, don’t worry the mixture will be soft
3. Form the crab mixture into small little cakes about 1 inch in diameter. I like to make these very mini but you can make 4 cakes, regular crab cakes sized.
4. Coat the cakes on both sides with flour and shake off the excess.
5. Brush both of the sides with the beaten egg whites
6. Cover the cakes and chill for 2 hours.
7. Melt butter in a skillet. Cook cakes two at a time until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Roughly 5 minutes per side.
9. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.