Creamy chicken in potato cheesy baskets
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
So I am always trying to find ways to sneak vegetables in my meals as one of my daughter refuses to eat them. So this is a children’s favorite, potatoes and chicken! I grated my own potatoes but lots of brands sell already grated potatoes (Hash browns) in the freezer section. In this case I grated a pealed zucchini along with the potatoes, and then took out all the liquid.
2 potatoes, grated (11/2 cup frozen hash browns)
1 zucchini, pealed and grated
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 grated mozzarella (or your favorite cheese)
1 egg, beaten
1 skinless and boneless chicken breast, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup of roasted corn kernels (One ear or cob)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tablespoon of tarragon, finely chopped
2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup of cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre heat the oven at 350 F.
2. Grate the potatoes and zucchini, add the egg, salt, pepper, olive oil and the cheese, mix until wel combined. Take a cupcake tin, grease it well, filled with the potatoes mixture making a well in the middle with the back of a teaspoon. Cook for 35 minutes.
3. Put a large frying pan on a medium high flame, add the butter and olive oil, add the chicken and brown in all sides, add the garlic, tarragon and red pepper, let cook for 10 minutes.
4. On the mean time, roast your corn on the BBQ, for 5 minutes, take off and Place an ear of corn, cut side down, on a cutting board, holding it near the top. Using a sharp knife, start at the top and cut downward with a gentle motion. Continue cutting until all of the corn is removed. Add the corn to the chicken, season well with slat and pepper. Add the cream, cook for 5 more minutes and you are done.
5. Take out the baskets from the oven, take them off the mold. Fill with the chicken mixture. Garnish with the green onions, serve right away.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.