Dhansak (A Parsi Community Dish)
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Dhansak is a popular dish of Parsi community of Karachi. It is a very tasty and nutritious dish cooked with mutton, lentils and vegetables. Pumpkin is the main ingredient which impart sweet taste with sourness of tamarind, i.e. sweet and sour taste of Dhansak.
1/2 kilogram Mutton cubes
cup Toor dal (Arhar ki dal)
cup Split Masoor Dal
cup Moong Dal
2 cups Pumpkin chopped
1 cup Gourd (Loki) chopped
1 Brinjal chopped
1/2 cup Fresh Qasuri Methi
1 Potatoes medium chopped
5 Green Chillies chopped
25 grams Tamarind (soaked in water and seed removed)
1 cup Oil
1 Onion chopped
1 Tomatoes chopped
2 inches Ginger crushed piece
1/2 pod Garlic crushed
Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
Lemon wedges for Garnish
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 teaspoon Haldi powder
1 teaspoon Corinader powder
1 teaspoon Methidana powder
2 teaspoons Sesame seed powder
1/2 teaspoon Star aniseeed powder
1 teaspoon Cumin seed
1. Take meat, pulses, vegetables, Green chillies, Tomato, Potato, Red Chillies powder, Haldi powder, Salt and 2 glass of water in a pan and cook on medium flame till meat and pulses are tender. Add tamarind and cook for another 5 minutes.
2. Take out tendered meat cubes , and mash the remaining material.
3. Now heat oil in another pan add onion and fry till golden brown, then add ginger , garlic and fry for 2 minutes then add tendered meat cubes and remaining spices and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes then add mashed vegetables and pulses mixture and cook further for 10-15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle fresh coriander leaves and simmer.
5. Delicious Dhansak is ready serve with brown rice or roti.
6.Squeeze Lemon Juice at top of serving plate or dish before serving
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.