This was easily my favorite dish from last week’s menu plan (cooked in a campground, no less). Just 545 calories for the whole meal!
4 6-oz. lean pork loin chops
4 tbsp. garam masala spices*
1/2 cup Greek style yogurt
10 fresh mint leaves
1 1/3 cup chicken broth
4 tsp. raisins
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 pinches cayenne pepper (opt)
2 pinches salt
2/3 cup couscous
2 tsp. sesame seeds
2. Trim pork chops of excess fat. Rub garam masala into chops (both sides).
3. Place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, to allow flavors to penetrate.
4. Chop the mint and stir into the yogurt and refrigerate for the same period as the pork chops.
5. Preheat broiler. Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Broil chops for about 5 minutes each side. Alternately, grill chops over direct heat until well marked on both sides, move to indirect heat, cover loosely in foil, and cook until internal temp reaches 145F. Remove from heat and allow to rest 3 minutes.
6. Serve with mint yogurt.
7. Note: *Garam Masala is available in specialty stores and many larger grocery stores.
8. Spiced Couscous:
9. In a medium saucepan bring the broth, raisins, olive oil, cumin, cayenne and salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous, bring back to a boil, cover and remove from the heat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
10. Juice the lemon and stir into the couscous with the sesame seeds.