We just finished eating a delicious dinner, that I made by working around two other recipes. Since I definitely want to make it again, I’m saving the recipe here so I don’t forget it. I’d also recommend all my friends to try it, since it’s also easy to make.
In Romania, you will find pickled ginger and soy sauce at Real (the sushi shelf in the fish section) and Mega Image (the international food section). You can also put more fresh ginger instead of the pickled one. You could probably substitute the chilli sauce with chilli powder, or skip it altogether.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sake
1 tablespoon chicken seasoning
1 teaspoon chilli sauce
a few dashes of salt and pepper
250 grams chicken breast, cut in 1cm cubes
1 small bowl frozen vegetables
1 tablespoon flour
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup salted, roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced or finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon finely chopped Japanese pickled ginger
2 tablespoons oil
1. Mix first 5 ingredients to make the marinade.
2. Add chicken to the marinade, and mix well.
3. Leave for 20 minutes.
4. Mix flour in water until smooth.
5. Defrost vegetables.
6. Preheat oil in pan.
7. Scoop chicken out of marinade and stir-fry until cooked.
8. Add in the fresh ginger and the remaining marinade.
9. Stir for 30 seconds.
10. Add the flour mixture, vegetables, pickled ginger and peanuts.
11. Mix well, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.