Want to jazz up your broccoli for the holidays, Thanksgiving or a family get-together? Try this easy, cheesy, broccoli recipe that has crunchy cheese crackers. Delish!
If you’re cooking for a large group, simply double the recipe. If you’re not a fan of broccoli, try it with fresh cauliflower florets or even carrots.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 15 cheddar cheese crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook broccoli until tender. Drain, season with garlic powder and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and whisk until well blended. Add milk and whisk until smooth. Cook until sauce thickens. Add cheddar cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
- Arrange half of the broccoli in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole. Sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and half of the Parmesan cheese. Dot with 1 tablespoon of butter. Repeat each layer.
- Pour sauce over the top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.