A delicious and wholesome, healthy dinner recipe that has under 500 calories per serving and will keep you full for hours. It takes just 30 minutes to make and is perfect for a nutritious week-night meal.
It’s family pleasing, creamy and perfect for making the most of any leftover veggies. Hope you enjoy it!
200g/7oz wholewheat pasta
2 chicken breasts
2 tsp. ground almonds
2 tsp. flaxseed
1 butternut squash
120ml/4fl oz almond milk
120ml/4fl oz veg broth
3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 tsp. paprika
Fresh coriander to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
2. Peel & chop the butternut squash into small chunks, then place in a pan of boiling water, leave over a medium/high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile place the pasta and broccoli in another pan of boiling water, leave on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes. (The pasta should still be a little bit hard).
4. Once the butternut squash is soft – drain the water from the pan, then place the squash in a food processor along with the almond milk, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast and paprika. Blitz until a smooth and creamy sauce is reached.
5. Place the pasta, broccoli and chicken in your pasta dish, then pour the sauce over the top.
6. Sprinkle the ground almonds and flax seed on top, then bake for 20-30 minutes.