Healthy Lemon Chicken Salad is a simple, delicious, low fat meal idea. Ready in just 20 minutes and packed with lean protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this is a great dinner for a busy weeknight!
3 Large Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary
2 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
5 Cups Lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
8 Multi Colored Sweet Peppers, cut into strips
1 Can Large Black Olives, 6 oz.
1 Can Black Beans, 15.25 oz., drained
1 Cup Dried Cranberries
1. Heat oven to broil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and spices.
3. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
4. Place on broiler pan and broil 5 to 6 minutes per side, basting with extra marinade, until lightly browned and meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 180 degrees. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. Rinse lettuce and tear into bite sized pieces. My go to lettuce is typically endive or leaf lettuce, but you can use any. Drain and place in large bowl.
6. Rinse and clean peppers. Cut into thin slices and add to bowl.