- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lamb stew meat cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth warmed
- 1 lb russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 carrots cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 8 oz Guinness or other dark beer
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- flat-leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
- fresh ground pepper for garnish (optional)
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the meat on all sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add onion to the pot and saute until soft, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle flour into pot and stir to coat.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.