Crispy, creamy and lemony zucchini fritters make for the perfect side.
2 zucchini (about 8 oz each) trimmed
1 lemon, juiced
½ cup parsley, chopped
½ cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 TSP Garlic Powder
1 TSP Onion Powder
1 TSP Pepper
1 TBSP Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 TBSP Italian Breadcrumbs
4 TBSP Olive oil, for pan frying
FOR THE GARNISH:
Plain Greek Yogurt
1. Chop the zucchini into small pieces. Place in food processor and pulse until there are small bits left. (Another option is if you have a grating attachment on your food processor to use that).
2. In a medium bowl add zucchini, lemon juice, parsley, flour, eggs, spices, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix together until evenly distributed.
3. Place olive oil in a large frying pan and heat over medium high heat. Working in batches, add a little less than ¼ cup of batter to frying pan for each fritter. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 45 seconds. Flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side.
4. Place a few layers of paper towel on a baking sheet or plate. Once fritters are done, transfer to dish and let towel soak up extra oil.
5. If not serving immediately, place baking sheet in a 250 degree oven until ready to serve.
6. Garnish with more lemon juice and a dollop of greek yogurt.