1. Mix the beef, onion, chilli, spices and the chopped coriander leaves.
2. Add the egg and salt, mix and combine.
3. Form small meatballs about the size of a walnut (approximately 26 meatballs).
4. Fry the meatballs and the sausage in olive oil in a large frying pan until browned all over (you may need to do this in batches).
5. Scoop out, then add the harissa* and cook for a minute.
6. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and cinnamon. Simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Return the meatballs and sausage and simmer for another 20 minutes, until cooked.
8. Stir through the rest of the coriander to finish.
10. Soak the dried chilies in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain. Remove stems and seeds.
11. In a food processor blend chili peppers, garlic, salt, and olive oil.
12. Add remaining spices and blend to form a smooth paste.
13. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on top to keep fresh.
14. Store in airtight container and keep for a month in the refrigerator.