1. In a paella pan heat the olive oil and butter.
2. Add the chicken legs or thighs and cook until brown on both sides.
3. Next add the pork pieces and jambon and continue to cook on medium heat.
4. Whilst this is cooking, bring a pan of water to boil and cook the mussels for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
5. Next wash the tomatoes and add them in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Prick each tomato at least once when it is in the water.
6. Rinse the tomatoes in cold water, then peel the skins.
7. Cut the tomato into 4 wedges then under cold running water, remove its seeds. If you prefer you can skip this stage.
8. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the paella pan. Stir into the meat pieces.
9. Whilst this is cooking, cut your squid into small pieces and add to the paella.
10. Add the chopped onions and 1.5L of water and simmer.
11. Next add the rice. After 15 minutes, add the sliced chorizo and crevettes. Stir often to ensure that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
12. Finally add the petit pois, freshly cracked black pepper and the parsley. When it is nearly done, add the mussels and cook for a few minutes.
13. This beastly feast will serve at least 10 people. The paella is ready once all of the liquid has been absorbed. Serve with white wine or rosé. This meal was delicious underneath a bright yellow sun.