- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 large yellow onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- On a 6 quart Instant Pot®, select the Saute setting. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, stirring often. Remove the bacon to a paper towel. Pour off the fat. Add the yellow onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds. Press Cancel.
- Add the potatoes and broth. Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Pressure cook on High pressure, setting the timer to 6 minutes (timer will begin counting down once pressure is reached- it takes about 15 minutes). When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure.
- Stir in the sour cream. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot until desired consistency. Season to taste. Serve topped with the cheese, bacon and green onion. Top with additional sour cream, if desired.
Ingredient Note: We like to use russet potatoes in this soup because their starchiness provides great body and texture.
Nutrition Values Per Serving : Calories 232, Total fat 7.8 g, Saturated fat 3.8 g, Cholesterol 22 mg, Sodium 778 mg, Total carbohydrate 31.6 g, Dietary fiber 2.5 g, Protein 9.1 g, Vitamin A 25 %DV, Vitamin C 13 %DV, Calcium 9 %DV, Iron 10 %DV
*Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable