- 3/4 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay) or dry vermouth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp peeled and minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs frozen peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp 30-35 per pound
- Mix the wine, butter, oil, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes in an Instant Pot. Stir in the shrimp and lock the lid onto the pot.
- Option 1 Max Pressure Cooker
Press Pressure cook on Max pressure for 0 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off.
- Optional 2 All Pressure Cookers
Press Pressure Cook or Manual on High pressure for 0 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off. The vent must be closed.
- Use the quick-release method to bring the pot’s pressure back to normal. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Pour the hot shrimp and sauce into a bowl to serve.
• For an 8-quart Instant Pot, you must increase all the ingredients except the shrimp by 50 percent. However, you can increase the shrimp by
50 percent as well, if you like.
• You can make this dish with giant shrimp, such as frozen U-10s (that is, under 10 shrimp per pound) or even U-5s.
Note that you’ll need to set the pressure to 1 minute for either MAX or HIGH, followed by a quick release.
• Shrimp scampi is served over pasta in lots of Italian American restaurants. We recommend cooked and drained angel hair pasta.