The Chicago Bears lost at home to the New Orleans Saints 26-23 at Soldier Field, Chicago. It was a back and forth duel from beginning to end.
- The game will be remembered as an outrageous one as Javon Wims slugged Saints safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson, twice in his helmet, right in front of officials. He was disqualified by the referee Tony Corrente and was led off the field. Bears coach, Matt Nagy commented that this behavior was “completely unacceptable.” A decision on his suspension will be taken today.
- The Bears offensive play came up short despite good defensive play.
- The New Orleans Saints not only survived but also took the “Windy City” Chicago team by storm in overtime, when Wil Litz hit a home-winning 35-yard field goal dashing the Bears chance for victory.
- Once again, Drew Brees is the NFL’s career leader in touchdown passes, becoming the first QB in league history to toss 560 touchdown passes.
- Alvin Kamara went all out to finish 163 yards from scrimmage. He’s in top form and the Saints’ best offensive weapon.
.@cairosantos19 SENDS it from 51 yards out & us into OT.
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) November 2, 2020