Cedar Plank Harissa Smoked Salmon
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Cedar Plank Harissa Smoked Salmon marinated w/garlic, honey, lemon, harissa, & paprika. Tender, flaky, full of flavor!
1 whole salmon filet – About 3 pounds, pin bones removed
5 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup Harissa
1 lemon, juiced
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon coriander
1 rounded tablespoon smoked paprika (optional)
2 teaspoons salt and pepper
cedar plank that will fit your salmon, soaked/completely submerged in water for 1-2 hours
1. If you haven’t soaked your cedar plank in water, start soaking it and then continue with this recipe.
2. Mix together all ingredients for the marinade and pour over the salmon in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Make sure the fish is completely coated, including the sides and the bottom. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Preheat grill to 400 degrees or a medium-high heat. Place the cedar plank on the grill and allow it to preheat for 5 minutes or until it begins to crackle and smoke.
4. Dab off some of the marinade from your salmon so it isn’t too wet. Lay the salmon filet on the cedar plank and grill for 20 minutes, or or until just cooked through but still moist (internal temperature should read 135 degrees).
5. Be sure to check on the salmon regularly to make sure it’s not engulfed in flames!
6. Serve over Moroccan Couscous with lemon wedges, chopped cilantro, Pickled Onions and Mango Chutney.
8. You can purchase your salmon filet with or without skin. I get mine from Costco without the skin, since it doesn’t crisp up during the cedar plank cooking method.
9. You could also cut your filet into smaller portions and then grill it. This could cause the salmon to cook more quickly so be sure to check it early and temp it.
10. You can add sliced lemon wedges and jalapenos to the salmon before cooking for a beautiful presentation.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.